Wednesday 15 August 2012

Me Rollerblading Down Mt Coot-tha






This is the video I took of me rollerblading down Mt Coot-tha on Monday, March 31st 2008. My best friend Joab and I rollerbladed down Castle Hill in Townsville in October of 2003, but we didnt get to record it, and it was so awesome, for the last few months I've been thinking about doing something similar. After lots of thought and consideration I decided to go down Mt Coot-tha. I taped the camera to my right foot, and its on there tightly, so all that movement is my whole foot buming and moving around. I had to slow down a few times so I dragged my right foot behind me, so thats why the camera looks to the right a few times. I also had to pick up speed a couple of times so when it looks like im falling over and over, thats just me pushing off with my feet. And yes I do move to the right hadn side of the road half way down. That was to avoid a T-section at the end and possibly going over the guard rail. I stayed as far left as I could to avoid traffic but had to move to the right before the last right hand turn so I didnt run into any cars making a left at that corner. I nearly lose my balance coming around that last corner. On my shadow you may see my arms flair out in an attempt to keep my balance. And then the redish Audi after the silver Holden comes within a metre of me. This is one of the scariest things I've done. I dont recommend it to anyone. It wasnt as smooth sailing as I suspected. It was very bumpy and there were 2 or 3 occasions on the way down that I ...
Video Rating: 5 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment