Wednesday 15 August 2012

Western Tanagers






I would have named this video 'Bird Smorgasbord and Attempted Squirrel Elimination' if my eyes had been my video camera instead, but at least you get to see the prettiest part. There were at least 11 kinds of birds in my backyard today eating ripened vine berries and bugs, including a pair of woodpeckers, Oregon Juncos, Western Tanagers, the mighty Scrub Jay, and a Blue Heron that flew over the church parking lot behind our backyard. Better than Disney, except with a real annoying fat greedy squirrel. I attempted to kill what I determined to be the most annoying squirrel in Eugene with a wrist rocket, flying rocks, a Daisy bb gun, and by actually throwing the wrist rocket at the squirrel in the tree. I am taking recommendations because I don't know if my aim is that bad or my weaponry is too unsophisticated for the job. I was taught to shoot on aa Walther handgun with a scope, maybe that was too easy. I never bothered to get dressed today, so I ended up hunting in knee-high green socks and trailing leaves all over our rental house. I wish there were more days in May to do this. Since I don't have the ability to edit videos, I apologize for the last few seconds where really nothing happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment